Blessed Birthday Singapore! 50 Looks Good on You!


Today, my birth-nation Singapore turns a grand 50 and I am proud of her. I am thankful for the freedom to practice my faith. I am thankful for the education I have received. I am thankful that I was able to serve my country in the Defence Ministry. I am thankful that my parents have a home of their own. I am thankful that all my siblings have a job. I am thankful that this is where some of my family and friends met their spouses. I am thankful for the diversity of culture and races within the family and nation. I am thankful that true Singaporeans strive to remain harmonious.



I am thankful that this is where I met Christ. I am thankful that I have family and friends who continue to look out for me. 


I am living overseas but my eyes are on my birth-nation. If there was something I do not appreciate, I am not one to gripe on Facebook, I just write to the Prime Minister's Office about it but I think, "let's be constructive here and let's aways remain a blessing."
Singapore is made up of Singaporeans and those who have come from afar and truly made it home. Singaporeans are not perfect, neither are we No.1 all the time. But we do have a "can-do" mentality and we try to be creative in our solutions. For so many whom I miss especially today, God bless Singapore! God bless you, the Singaporean.
Happy 50th birthday!

Proverbs 14:  34 Righteousness exalts a nation, but sin is a reproach to any people.

blessings from an overseas Singaporean in Central America,

Rachel

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Woman's Personal Perspective on the Trump Presidency and the Women's March

Being Quiet Amidst The Pandemic

Now What Do I Do About The Selected President of Singapore? - Some Personal Thoughts