Dough-ing the Honduran Way

I thought I would try making some tortillas today.  Well, I might as well get used to the food that my Honduran friends are accustomed too.

So, I invested in the masa de maiz.  Added some hot water and got to making the dough.  All good now.  Let it rest.


Thirty minutes later as my stomach growled "lunch...grrr", I started making little balls of dough.  My helper, 72 year-old Noella said, "Hmmm, I think the dough needs to be softer".  Oh well...added some more water.


And she helped me shape four balls of dough into true, off-white tortillas.  The new iron skillet was super-hot.  The shaped dough was thrown on it and it came out in great tortilla character.


Served it with frijoles I had attempted yesterday, crema from the store and scrambled-omelette.  I passed my own test.  Noella seconded it.


Loving the experience in Honduras and Dios es bueno todo el tiempo!
Rachel

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Woman's Personal Perspective on the Trump Presidency and the Women's March

Being Quiet Amidst The Pandemic

Now What Do I Do About The Selected President of Singapore? - Some Personal Thoughts