What My Parents Taught Me. . .

These verses got me thinking about my non-Christian parents (still living in Singapore).  

Proverbs 1:8 Listen, my son, to your father's instruction and do not forsake your mother's teaching.

9 They are a garland to grace your head and a chain to adorn your neck.

A long time ago. . . .
My dad taught me to:
1. live within my means.
2. to owe no one no debt (I had to borrow some money from him for my studies, tho')
3. to honor elders
4. to be respectful to guests.
5. to do my best.
6. to speak my mind.
7. to take it easy.

My mum taught me to:
1. to serve elders.
2. to be respectful to especially elders.
3. to be polite to all guests.
3. to never talk back to elders (lasted for awhile, then it became debatable discussions as I grew older).
4. to eat all food on my plate (no questions asked).
5. to behave myself...(oh dear!).
6. to cook rice the traditional way when I was ten years old.
7. to tell the truth (or face the cane).

I thank God for my parents and am praying the Peace of Christ to be real to them.

Blessings,
Rachel

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Woman's Personal Perspective on the Trump Presidency and the Women's March

Now What Do I Do About The Selected President of Singapore? - Some Personal Thoughts

Being Quiet Amidst The Pandemic