God's Goodness during My Asia Trip

Psalm 145: 8 The LORD is gracious and compassionate, slow to anger and rich in love.
9 The LORD is good to all; he has compassion on all he has made.
10 All your works praise you, LORD; your faithful people extol you.
11 They tell of the glory of your kingdom and speak of your might,
12 so that all people may know of your mighty acts and the glorious splendor of your kingdom.
13 Your kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, and your dominion endures through all generations. The LORD is trustworthy in all he promises and faithful in all he does.
+++
It's a quiet Sunday morning in Texas. I am taking time to remember God's goodness throughout my last three weeks of staying the course through some Asian countries.

Stop 1 - Seoul, Korea (I lived here for a short time a few years ago)
How good God has been to my friends despite life challenges.  It was pure joy to meet my South Korean and Canadian friends.  

At one lunch meeting at a popular Korean restaurant, a South Korean friend made a reservation for lunch in my name.  But my name was written in Korean.  That was special.  So many people around the world pronounce my name differently.  I wonder how God would call me.  Rachel? Raquel? Or 레이첼?  Still, how special it is to have my name and yours called by God?  

My name in Korean.

Stop 2 - Singapore (Proudly my birth-nation)
I returned to celebrate my younger sister's significant birthday.  I loved that the birthday girl was surprised at my return.  My sisters are wildly funny.  I was further blessed with catching up with my friends.  A tight schedule meant that I could only meet friends selectively.  And we did exactly that.  We made time to meet at a popular Indian restaurant, a hotel lobby and food courts.

One former military buddy was so kind to think that I might miss some Indonesian food and decided to provide gado-gado (Indonesian salad with peanut sauce) and nasi rawon.  
It was wonderful to spend some quality time with family and friends.


Salad, fritters, custard pies, steamed buns and gado-gado with peanut sauce.

Stop 3 - Transit in the Middle East
I spent afew days with friends.  My hostess welcomed me with a beautiful pot of colorful flowers.  I don't think I thanked her enough for such a surprise.  But it was the time spent with her and other friends that I valued most.  I must have stayed with 3 families during this transit period.  All of them hosted me well.  With the second family, I got to know them better and enjoyed exchanging Christ-centered true life experiences while with the third family, it was good to catch-up on new life happenings.


My welcome gift from my hostess - a pot of flowers.

Currently in USA
I reached my destination before another final destination.  Since I returned, I continue to hear of how God is working among my friends in Asia.  Indeed, His presence is real to those who trust Him completely.  

As I prepare to move on to Central America, I look forward to what God might do in Latin American nations.  One thing I do know - Dios es bueno todo el tiempo!!

With every miracle of friendship, I praise God.  With every miracle of provision, protection from God during my travels, I praise God...yes, even despite terrible flight moments!!

I got wings on my feet,
Rachel


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Woman's Personal Perspective on the Trump Presidency and the Women's March

Now What Do I Do About The Selected President of Singapore? - Some Personal Thoughts

Being Quiet Amidst The Pandemic