Blessed Birthday Singapore on Your 49th!

So far away from you, my Singapore.
I have missed every birthday since you turned 35.
Still without fail,
My heart stirs in pride every August 9th,
As you, my dear, celebrate another year of accomplishments,
achievements, and agonies of a restless people.

Yet when National Day comes, 
We the citizens of Singapore 
pledge ourselves to be One Nation, One People.
I wish National Day would be everyday, just for unity sake.
Credits to Jerome Lim
10 years ago, Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong said:


Indeed, when I am stationed overseas, I am mindful.
Mindful that I am an islander, a red-dotter;
Mindful that I have high hopes and big dreams;
Mindful that I have a Can-do or a Never-say-die spirit;
Mindful that 10 years onward, I have seen a part of this future;

But most of all I am mindful
that without God's wonderful grace,
I could never be known as a Singaporean.
See, I could have been born elsewhere
where as a Christian child, my head could have been 
beheaded by Islamic militants.
I am mindful that as a red-dotter, I carry within me
the blessings of Christ shed blood on the cross;
I am truly covered in His blood.
I am mindful that all of my high hopes and dreams 
are rooted in the plans that God has for me - 
plans to prosper me and not to fail me.
I am mindful that my can-do or never-say-die spirit
is the Holy Spirit of courage and perseverance.
And I am most mindful that I do not make the future
but God makes my future.
I am just journeying with my God in His grace for His pleasure.

Happy Birthday, dear Singapore.  God bless you
with courage to do what is right,
with love to motivate you in all your good works,
with peace that passes all understanding,
with joy and laughter that makes us smile through difficult times.
I declare over you, Singapore -
the peace of God Almighty,
the love of God
and the power to be a blessing to other nations.

With love and blessing for you Singapore,
Rachel

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Woman's Personal Perspective on the Trump Presidency and the Women's March

Now What Do I Do About The Selected President of Singapore? - Some Personal Thoughts

Being Quiet Amidst The Pandemic