Not too Heavy to Carry


In Africa, the little ones are not too heavy.  The other little ones carry their brother or sister.  I have witnessed the other little ones carry their sibling for more than four hours on their little back.  And when the other little ones are given some food, I saw them untie the piece of cloth that secures the toddler to their back, put the toddler down and feed them first before eating what was given to them.  

The beauty of this whole scene is that the other little ones carry their sibling without any complaints.

I was also attracted to the eyes of the other little ones.  What were they trying to say?  Do they know their own worth as a little person, as a child of God?  

  Do we do that for our brother or sister?  Do we do this within the Christian community?  Who would you carry today?


Psalm 119: 73 Your hands have made and fashioned me; give me understanding that I may learn your commandments. 74 Those who fear you shall see me and rejoice, because I have hoped in your word. 

I am thankful that Jesus carries me through good and bad times.  I am thankful that a Compassionate God always sends a friend to encourage, comfort or counsel during tough times.  I pray that God will use you and me to do the same for another person today.  God's Word is powerful, so may our encouragements, comfort and counsel be based on this Truth.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Woman's Personal Perspective on the Trump Presidency and the Women's March

Now What Do I Do About The Selected President of Singapore? - Some Personal Thoughts

Being Quiet Amidst The Pandemic