Who Says that Studying the Bible is Easy? Raise Your Hand, Please.


As the New Year begins, I am studying the epistle of Jude, a psalm and the story of Samson and Delilah in both English and Spanish.  And it is definitely not an easy task.  It's taken more time to get through this study.  The essentials are all there; still, after making a major word-error among friends in a casual setting, I thought that it would be to my advantage to study in both languages.  Well, everyone had a good laugh at my expense:-).  And then, to be even more accurate, I definitely need to refer to some Greek and Hebrew meanings of certain words as well.

Who says that studying the Bible is easy?

At the end of the day, I am the one who benefits tremendously from the insights and revelations guided by the Holy Spirit.  So, I gain some knowledge...and then, what?  I usually tell the pastors and leaders whom I have taught, "You have learned nothing until you learn to apply the truths to your life and relationships".  

And I need to do that myself first so that the truths of the Bible are first reflected in my life.  Imperfect me handling perfect truths can only be done with plenty of God's grace.

I thank God that I am recipient of this grace.  I pray that you are studying the Bible in His grace.

And check this link: Samson and the Philistines.

Waltzing through 2015 with Jesus,
Rachel




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Woman's Personal Perspective on the Trump Presidency and the Women's March

Being Quiet Amidst The Pandemic

Now What Do I Do About The Selected President of Singapore? - Some Personal Thoughts