Travel Thoughts (written on 30 Sep 2014)

The sun and the rain,
mountains and sea,
hospitable friends
and helpful Hondurans
greeted me.

I thought
Dios es bueno todo el tiempo
and I saw
on a truck 
Si Dios es por nosotros, quién contra nosotros?



Meanwhile 
thousands of kilometers away
my sisters were at the hospital
attending to my dad.
I did the inevitable,
prayed and mobilized prayer.

Prayer rose up from different parts of the world.
Afew hours later, I saw a text message.
Hallelujah! The 'hero' is fine.
I think
Dios es bueno todo el tiempo.

Powerful prayers.
Concerted prayers.
To an Almighty God
in Jesus' Name, Name above all names.
I think
of an answered prayer
when God honored 
our request for healing
a teenager in ICU.

I think
Dios es bueno todo el tiempo.
Si Dios es por nosotros, quién contra nosotros?

As I blog now,
I am on the road
heading to another
Honduran city.
It is pouring
sky juice in abundance
I ask my Father in Heaven
to send some to Texas.

Then I pray
for safe travel
In this heavy downpour.
Still I think
Dios es bueno todo el tiempo.
Si Dios es por nosotros, quién contra nosotros?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Woman's Personal Perspective on the Trump Presidency and the Women's March

Now What Do I Do About The Selected President of Singapore? - Some Personal Thoughts

Being Quiet Amidst The Pandemic