Easy Tempo of Trust

I sit here in the quietness of a Sunday evening.  The dishwasher is whirring, the television is switched off.  I have just had a homemade Greek dinner.  My soul is restless and in times like these, I try to find out why I feel restless. Inevitably, my mind wanders to Christ, the Lover of my soul.

I think of my journey with Christ.  I don't really walk.  I dance.  I love dancing.  The beat of Latin American music gets me most.  

So, there I go - dancing with Christ as my partner to the song "Eres todo poderoso".

He leads me besides still waters (Psalm 23:2) even when the rhythm of life beats faster, and faster.  


At times, my steps quicken as I am led across the dance-hall of life events.  And at times, I waltz with the Lover of my soul.  And yes, we tango through life in perfect understanding.  I follow my Leader.

But it is when my Partner swirls and turns me around that my heart leaps a little bit.  Would I still hold His hands?

Oh, no worries.  He holds my hand tight.  I feel safe.  

My Partner does not miss a single step, even when I do.
I trust Christ.

Dancing joyfully in Christ,
Rachel

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Woman's Personal Perspective on the Trump Presidency and the Women's March

Being Quiet Amidst The Pandemic

Now What Do I Do About The Selected President of Singapore? - Some Personal Thoughts